A detailed analysis of the rate increases from our experts will be coming next week. In the meantime, check out the news straight from rates.ups.com:
Effective December 26, 2016*, the published rates for our services will increase. This supports the ongoing investments we continue to make in the speed, scope and coverage of our transportation network. While we continuously search out opportunities for new efficiencies and implement them within our network, those efforts do not fully offset cost increases. To support ongoing expansion and capabilities enhancements, while striving to maintain the high service levels you expect from UPS, we will increase published rates in 2017.
- Daily rates for UPS® Ground service will increase an average net 4.9%.
- Daily rates for UPS Air and International services will increase an average net 4.9%.
- The Additional Handling charge will be assessed for UPS Air and International packages with the longest side exceeding 48 inches, instead of 60 inches.
View 2017 Selected Daily Rates Package Surcharge Changes
The 2017 UPS Rate and Service Guide will be available to download on December 26, 2016.
Additional rate changes including to Retail rates and UPS SurePost® rates, and additional charges will be available later this year. Additional information will be posted here on November 18, 2016.
UPS Air Freight rates within and between the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, will increase an average net 4.9%.
- Download UPS Air Freight rates for shipments originating in the 48 contiguous states
- Download UPS Air Freight Surcharge Changes
- Download U.S. origin UPS Air Freight Premium Direct rates
UPS Freight rates for shipments rated on the current UPS Freight 560 (US48), 525 (to and from Canada) and 570/571 (to and from Mexico) Tariffs will increase an average net 4.9% effective September 19, 2016. These rates will be available at ltl.upsfreight.com beginning September 19, 2016.
*The impact of these changes on your shipping costs will vary according to your shipping characteristics and the terms of your UPS agreement.